Thanks for using the QR code.
Below, please find a lovely summerly recipe using Frøya mid loin as well as a list of ingredients, making it easier for you to shop all you need for this dish.
Frøya Salmon with fennel salad and pesto
Juicy Frøya Salmon with fennel salad parsley pesto and raspberries
Ingredients for 2 portions
- 2 fennels
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 pack of raspberries
- 1 bunch of French parsley
- 1/2 dl olive oil
- 3 tbs pine nuts
- 300 grams Frøya midloin
- 2 chopped spring onions
- Cut the fennels into thin slices using a sharp knife or mandolin.
- Pour over 3 tbs lemon and 3 tbs olive oli, salt and pepper. set aside.
- Place the parsley in a blender along with the rest of the olive oil, lime juice and the pine nuts. If you don’t have a blender, finely chop the parsley and pine nuts, then mix in the wet ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to the salmon and pan fry in a bit of oil at medium heat. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side. Avoid over frying it, you want it to be bright pink in the center when done (au point or medium rare). If not, it will turn dry. This is sushi quality so better to undercook than overcook – perfectly safe and more delicious. Avoid handling the fish too much when checking it during the cooking process.
- When the salmon is done, place it on top of the fennel salad arranged on a serving dish. Decorate with parsley pesto and single with spring onions and raspberries.
- Small boiled or fried potatoes also go well with this dish should you wish for something more filling.
VIEW MORE RECIPES